Wednesday 13 April 2011

Final Product

Live and Let Die







Above is the final version of my animation trailer for "Live and Let Die".

(The above video is lower quality in order to upload to blogger)

During the animating of my final piece, I compiled all the movement using the set key and auto key, by selecting all of the individual elements, and bringing them into the camera frame as required. This was all done in the Room Scene Environment in order to achieve the 1st Person Shooter effect.

I made the decision to compile the entire animation within the one environment as I feel it helped me visualise my idea. I extended my time frame to 750 frames which based on 25 frames per second, allowed me to work my final piece to the 30 seconds required for the assignment.

I extended it a bit further and changed the speeds in order to test how it would look visually as an end product.

The hardest technique used while animating was adapting the bullets to enter the scene when required. To achieve this I incorporated use of the visibility track within the dope sheet. This technique allowed the bullets to stay invisible within the scene until they needed to be used and appeared, this was set on a timeline with the controller assigned to on/off. Keys were added to switch it from on to off on the timeline.

Otherwise it was just down to introducing the individual elements in the piece as required using the timeline, then adjusting the framing through the camera view in order to achieve the first person video effect.

When happy with my final efforts, the project was rendered down to a HDTV .flv file and imported into the Adobe Premier Pro software in order to compile and edit it.

Premier Pro:




I incorporated a 007 end shot that i created within photoshop to act as the credit detail.


Audio was compiled in Premier Pro also, I imported a few elements of audio from the film:

"The Lovers" theme was sampled as the main score of the animation.

Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmDEJNLkCoc

The "Live and Let Die" theme tune was taken from the James Bond Sountrack album.

(I own this album - but it can be seen as a reference below)

Reference: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Best-Bond-James-Bond-digital-booklet/dp/B001YQNYSY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1302700569&sr=8-1

A gunshot snippet was sampled and also the sound of a gun drop was incorporated.

Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPHbxJo562g

I sampled an actual piece of dialogue from the movie for the card reading element, which was all positioned in palce within the software, fades and levels were modified and here the animation was compiled as a final video.

Reference: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b1WT-Imiu3E


It was bounced down as a Final HD .mov and .flv in order to see which was better quality.

No comments:

Post a Comment