Tuesday 12 April 2011

SWOT Analysis

Strengths:

I feel that my ability to come up with creative ideas, has been a strength throught this module. My enthusiasm to learn has also proved to be a strength.

Working within 3D Max has given me a greater vision of what can be achieved as a production package on a larger scale. I genuinely feel that I have gained a greater appreciation for the 3d medium, this module has made me think a lot more about what can actually be achieved working with animation and has given me a wider respect for the volume of work and energy that is put into an animated movie or a computer game. A strength that I can take forward is that I feel confident in having learnt more about the realism of visual animation.

The positives I take with me from this module are that; intially I came up with some good creative ideas. I take a great deal of satisfaction in the fact that I have achieved a reasonable final animation effort that I can be proud of while learning and using a program that I had absolutely no experience in using to date.

It has been exciting embracing a new software in Autodesk 3Ds max. I am actually quite impressed with some of the models I created and on the whole I found the module very enjoyable, which if I am entirely honest at the beginning of the 12 weeks, I didn't expect.

Weaknesses:

Patience. My biggest ENEMY!!!!

At first when I began to come to terms with using the software and creating models, I got frustrated very easily. I found it very difficult to find the patience for the calm, controlled movements that are required for 3d modelling. This was hard to take at first, as others were excelling around me and I was struggling.

Perhaps I wasted a little time at the beginning of the module in respect to this. I was completely confused at first. I wish that I had learnt the skill quicker and more fluently from the outset. It took me a while to understand the concept of the 3d space and possibly my final results suffered a little as a result?

My idea was possibly a little unconventional in relation to others. My vision is a slightly different take on Bond, comparitively to the general explosion, action filled vehicle that is normally associated with 007. Maybe it wasn't the correct direction in terms of excitement.


Opportunities:

The basis of knowledge this module has given me is an excellent platform to build upon. I am very grateful for that.

My understanding of what can be achieved has completely opened my perception to what is possible working within the 3d medium.

I take from this module a feeling of confidence that I genuinely would be interested in extending my knowledge and application in this field. Which has actually come as quite a pleasant surprise to me.


Threats:

Here come the excuses!

I say that somewhat tongue in cheek, as it is not so much an excuse as a current unfortunate reality. Though I do feel I have had some challenging personal issues to deal with in the last year which have potentially not enabled me to commit the hours that I genuinely would have liked to aid me to be more proficient within the software and enbrace it a little more.


Paper Notes:

No comments:

Post a Comment