Monday 28 February 2011

Asset 2: Walther PPK

Walther PPK - The most famous Bond weapon of all ....



Image Ref: http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/handguns/germany/hg13/1287733461.jpg

Firstly, a reference plane was created and assigned using the image above as a reference guide for the model.


A box shape was created from the modifier list and was converted to an editable poly.

Initially the whole gun was created from one box, using the extruding technique, carefully selecting sides of the box and dragging them to try and fit the shape of the reference plane.

Gun as One Shape:




At this stage I continued trying to make it in one shape, yet found it difficult to create the trigger, so I added a small box, bevelled and bent it in order to try and achieve the trigger.

I also made the decision to recreate the silencer of the weapon by attaching a cylinder, so I cut the front of the model off and replaced it with a cylinder object to try and achieve a more rounded gun barrel.

Gun with New Barrel added:








I then sourced a metallic black texture and used the material editor to try a few different texture effects on the weapon to try and achieve a shiny black feel.


Gun with Material Texture Added:



In order to try and achieve a smoother finish to the weapon, the meshsmooth effect was used from the modifier list. By selecting all parts of the gun and applying this effect.


Meshsmooth:




I then created a bullet, by creating a cylinder shape and bevelling it to try and create a pointed shape for the bullet.


Meshsmooth with Bullet Added:



It still didn't look quite right, so I then applied the turbosmooth effect from the modifier list, as an alternative, which I feel makes it look slightly better.

Turbosmooth:




Walther PPK:



I still feel I need to work a little more on the actual texture of the gun, in order to add more detail, though I am quite happy at this stage with how it has progressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment