Monday 7 February 2011

Tarot Cards

Asset 1: Tarot Cards

So far i have watched, "Live and Let Die", "Moonraker", "The Spy Who Loved Me" and "You Only Live Twice" in search of inspiration for the assignment.

My initial ideas for an actual trailer have stemmed from my favorite Bond movie. "Live and Let Die".

One of the most influential properties from the movie for me is the Voodoo theme and Tarot Cards, and of course as a young testosterone fueled male it was very difficult for me to get the image of Jane Seymour as Solitaire in this movie out of my head, so i have been thinking about ideas development based around some of these facets. The whole mystery and intrigue, fate teller concept could be something that could be developed further as a visual medium.

Tarot card images from film:
Death


The Lovers


The Fool


I made some very basic Tarot Cards in 3Ds Max, simply by creating card shapes and assigning bitmaps from Tarot Cards onto the images, merely to test out how this can be done, I then tested out the movement slightly which can be seen in the video below.

This is very basic, though was just a way for me to visualize and think about my initial ideas further....






No comments:

Post a Comment