Monday 28 March 2011

Creating a Room Scene...

Room:

My final animation is going to feature mainly through the eyes of Solitaire, the fortune teller / tarot card reader from the Live and Let die movie.

I wanted to try and recreate a room in a similar theme to the room she sits in for her readings in the movie.

It is not the most aesthetically pleasing room, which is why I decided to add a few more details to my room, and I probably will create more as the scene progresses, but I wanted to post a "in progress" visualisation of my room so far.

The Room Image sourced from the movie is below:



http://www.hedgedruid.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/janeseymour_solitaire.jpg

Basically the main considerations that I wanted to try and convey were a silver/metallic finish room, with a big black table where her cards are read from. I re-made my table from my earlier attempt, as initially the table I had made with my Tarot cards could have been made better from my inital prototype.

The room was created simply by creating to thin boxes for walls and applying a metallic texture which I lined up to try and create the indented effect on the walls provided in the image above, I simply created a chequered floor through the inbuilt effects in the material editor, and ramped the tiling right up to increase the floor tile effect.

I recreated the table and added some candlesticks, simply made out of some cylinders, to add some detail effect to the table. As I mentioned in my previous posts, I incorporated the voodoo theme by adding a voodoo doll and stabbing it to the wall. I also added a picture of a day of the dead skull, to add a bit more aesthetic detail to the scene. Again the day of the ded skull symbolising the day of death and keeping with the voodoo - death themes recurring throughout the movie.

I will probably add some more detail - though at this stage this is what my room is currently looking like:

Room Screenshot Overview:



(Here is the room with some selected items, tables, chairs, candlesticks, doll)


Render of Basic Room:



Above View:




I then imported some more of my items into the room scene, my tarot cards, ppk and hand through the merge options in 3Ds and I also added a camera to begin to play around with movement and the logistics of how my idea could work.

Screenshot with more Assets Imported:


Zoomed Room View Render Preview:




Camera Added:



Camera View Render: (FPS View)



No comments:

Post a Comment