Monday 28 March 2011

Knife

Knife:

Again, essentially an incidental item rather than an actual working model in my scene, though it is intended to add detail to my scene in an attempt to make my room look a little more interesting.

This is a simple model created from a box, where I selected the face of the box and used the inset technique to create a smaller thinner box within a box. I then extruded the thin box "blade" out from the knife handle and once happy with the length and scale of the objects extruded and scaled the end of the knife into a point to try and achieve a sharp point effect.

It was a very simple model to create and I just applied a silver and black colour to it to give it a bit more of a realistic feel.

I didn't want to get too caught up in the material of it, as I explained it is merely for room decoration.

Knife Screenshot:




Knife Render:




I came up with the idea of stabbing the voodoo doll to the wall using the knife to add something interesting to the room. This idea was inspired from Modern Warfare 2 (see below) where the mythical zombies teddy bear is stabbed to the wall in one of the bathrooms.


http://images.wikia.com/callofduty/images/8/8b/Teddy.jpg
Infinity Ward - Call of Duty - Modern Warfare 2 - Teddy Bear


While wandering around Call of Duty you can often find teddy bear's as a subliminal reference to their zombie games where the teddy bear is featured, again using this kind of subliminal symbolism I felt it could be an interesting way to incorporate into my animation, and encourage the voodoo theme in a different way.

My Voodoo Doll Stabbed Through the Wall:



No comments:

Post a Comment