Monday 28 March 2011

Voodoo Doll

Voodoo Doll:

Voodoo is a prominent theme throughout Live and Let Die, so i wanted to try and incorporate this theme to my animation.

This object is essentially going to be an incidental part of my animation, probably more for decoration in my room scene, though I like the idea of adding subliminal elements to my animation and is something that I would enjoy exploring further given time..

Basically the voodoo doll is a very simple model. I created one sphere and five cylinders to create the doll and scaled them appropriately to give a good perspective and size of the doll.
I then added two more cylinders for the eyes and used the pro-boolean technique to create the button holes and applied a shiny texture to the buttons to try and create a more realistic effect.

I then added a thatched texture to try and give a doll/scarecrow feel to the object. I added small red cylinders to attempt to create the threading technique to the doll, in order to try and give the appearance of a "sewn" doll.

I created some needles which had been stabbed into the doll, again simply by creating a small sphere and cylinder then bevelling then ends of the cylinder into a point to give the sharp end of a needle feel, then simply grouped the item, and made clones of it to add more pins "stabbed into the doll".

I'm actually quite impressed with this model, even though it is probably a little insignificant for my actual scene, it provides a nice but of detail for my scene.

Voodoo Doll Screenshot:



Top View of Doll - Buttons and Pins:



Final Doll Perspective View:





Rendered Voodoo Doll:

No comments:

Post a Comment